01 October 2009

Ciao!

It seems appropriate to begin my life in the land o' blogs with a quote from one of my favorites, Mr. Anthony "Tony" Bourdain (chef, writer, traveler extraordinaire).

"It seems that the more places I see and experience, the bigger I realize the world to be. The more of it I become aware of, the more I realize how relatively little I know of it. How many places I have still to go. How much more there is to learn. Maybe that’s enlightenment enough. To know that there is no final resting place of the mind. No moment of smug clarity. Perhaps wisdom, such as it is for me, means realizing how small I am. And unwise. And how far I have yet to go."

These words resonate, because they offer so much potential. It is my hope through art, food and travel that I may continue to experience a bit of what this world so boundlessly provides. xo

image via Travel Channel
sky image via Gina at Warm Pears

No comments:

Post a Comment