02 May 2010

Meeting Giada!

Those who know me, know that I'm a fan (Let's be real, it borders on very healthy obsession.) of the Food Network's Giada De Laurentiis.  I can't say when it started, but I do remember watching "Everyday Italian" in the days following my return from Florence...and feeling very reminiscent of Italian food and verbiage. Flash forward five years, and I still find myself watching "Giada at Home" feeling an odd sense of comfort in her pronunciation of words like spaghetti

So, when I heard she was going to be at a local Williams Sonoma for a signing of her most recent recipe book...I decided to go! I felt odd waiting in line to have my book signed. The whole celebrity/fan thing has kinda always weirded me out (I was never one to put a poster of someone on my bedroom wall...ok, Julie Foudy was the exception.), and the idea of waiting to meet and take a picture of a stranger I admired just felt a little creepy. I was relieved and happy to see the crowd waiting outside the store was very normal looking (mostly young Orange County housewives with strollers)! 

After 15-20 minutes of waiting, I stepped up and told her that I really enjoyed her recipes (What else was I going to say? I dressed up as you for Halloween two years ago! hahaha). She responded with a big smile and said, "Thank you." She signed my book...and that was that! 

No comments:

Post a Comment