22 May 2010

Almond Blueberry Cookies









I don't know if I'm totally prepared to commit to this statement (it's a big one)...these almond blueberry cookies are in the running to be my absolute favorite cookie! It could be that they remind me of the first Valentine's picnic with my man (the first time I tried this recipe). Maybe I've convinced myself the lemon zest and blueberries make this a "health" food (HAH). Whatever it may be, you need to try these for yourself!

2 c flour
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 c unsalted butter
1 c sugar
1 egg
1/3 c whole milk
1 tsp almond extract
2 tsp lemon zest (1 lemon)
1/2 c chopped almonds, toasted
1 c frozen blueberries, thawed

In a medium bowl, combine flour, baking powder  and salt.

In another medium bowl, mix butter, sugar, egg, milk, almond extract and lemon zest. Stir the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients. Fold in the almonds and blueberries. Chill dough in refrigerator for 20-30 minutes. 

Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Bake about 15 minutes.

Note: I used fresh and frozen blueberries, and fat free (instead of whole) milk. It honestly didn't make that big of a difference! 


recipe via Giada De Laurentiis

1 comment:

  1. Send some of those cookies up to Chasen and me to decide. I get more, since I'm the deciding vote. ok?

    ReplyDelete