21 December 2010

The Sound of Music


It may be the rain falling/wind howling outside my window as I sit in bed (raindrops on roses?). Possibly the Blu Ray DVD I wrapped for my dad earlier today (shh...don't tell him). Whatever it is, I cannot stop thinking about The Sound of Music! I am quite prepared to check my cool card at the door with this statement...The Sound of Music is one of my all time favorite films. I can remember watching, rewinding and re-watching those two VHS tapes (you know what I'm talking about) and singing Edelweiss with my dad before bedtime. Of all the von Trapp family, I wanted to be Liesel (let's just ignore the Nazi boyfriend for the sake of my childhood longings). She was beautiful and in love. Who wouldn't want that? 


I guess I'll just have to wait for Christmas to watch this classic in high definition. I'm hoping my dad will enjoy it as much as I will!

No comments:

Post a Comment