17 November 2010

Pink Martini to the Rescue

I have to admit that I have been in a sort of denial about the 2010 holiday season. I was almost upset that a neighbor put up his Christmas lights last weekend! Is Thanksgiving really only a week away? I cannot believe this year is coming to a close.

Well, this morning it all shifted. I walked into Starbucks and ordered my first "seasonal" beverage. While waiting for the steaming spiced latte, I noticed the "Joy to the World" Pink Martini album resting on the counter. After the fortunate experience of seeing Pink Martini in concert in April, I now consider myself to be a serious fan of their work (ahem, musical genius). This holiday album does not disappoint. Per Pink Martini usual it is multicultural (I mean...ten languages and a Spanish Chanukah song, Ocho Kandelikas!) and full of the most beautiful rhythms and vocals (China Forbes is my hero). I cannot help the cliche...dancing shoes required.

I am now officially in the spirit of the season! In fact, I kind of want to throw a holiday party JUST so I can play this album! Thank you Starbucks and Pink Martini!

Click if you'd like to hear Pink Martini

No comments:

Post a Comment