07 February 2010

Empowered


For those of you who don't know, I had a little MacBook accident in September. The poor thing (How's that for personification?) was dropped at airport security in Denver! I almost cried when they told me it wasn't worth the money it would cost to fix.

It turns out the hard drive was still in tact, and my amazingly talented best friend (KM) offered to help! So, yesterday we sat at the kitchen table performing a technical surgery of sorts. Who needs AppleCare when you have YouTube, right? Neither of us are techies, but we did it! We removed the hard drive and transferred all of the old data to my new MacBook. We then decided to open up the whole thing...mostly out of curiosity. I know this probably doesn't sound super impressive to many of you guys, but I was so proud!

All too often I neglect to do things for myself. It's easier to take my pants to a professional for alterations, even when I know I could take the hem up on my own. This accomplishment just reminded me of all that I'm (we are) capable of...I feel empowered!

Thank you, KM! xo

1 comment:

  1. that's amazing that the hard drive was still in tact. nice work! i've become paranoid about losing precious data so i started creating a double back up. someone told me that hard drives have a 15% failure rate which is pretty high

    ReplyDelete